Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine, with the first reference dating back to 1154. It is also commonly used to refer to the
variety of pasta dishes. Typically pasta is made from unleavened dough of durum wheat flour mixed with water and formed into sheets or various shapes, then cooked and served in any number of dishes. It can be made with flour from other cereals or grains and eggs may be used instead of water. Here eTeddybear is going to share a yummy creamy pasta recipe and you are definitely going to love it, so pick up note book and start writing the ingredients and method.
- 2 tbsp olive oil3 cloves garlic, sliced2 leeks, finely sliced
- 200 g sliced spring greens150 ml (5floz)
- half-fat creme fraîche50 g (2oz)
Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 400 g (13oz) short pasta, such as fusilli or penne
- 1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and leeks and saute gently for 8-10 minutes until softened without colouring.
- 2.Blanch the spring greens in boiling salted water for 2-3 mins until just wilted, drain well and add to the pan.
- 3.Continue cooking for 2mins and stir through the crème fraîche. Scatter over the blue cheese and turn off the heat.
- 4.Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it becomes soft, then drain it well and tip into the pan with the sauce. Stir well and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes